ONE BAG TO RULE THEM ALL
The 45L Travel Backpack debuted at the Outdoor Retailer show in 2018 and promptly won three best-in-show awards. Why? Perhaps because it was designed to do everything for everyone. 2-week journey? Check. Weekend jaunt? Check. Daypack? Check. Camera bag? Check. No two trips are the same, so get a bag with the versatility to do them all.
COMPARING TO THE 30L?
The 45L is better for:
- 1-bag-travel for trips 4 days and longer
- More access and organization options
- Trips where you need multiple jackets, pairs of shoes, or other bulky clothing
- Carrying camera gear: better compatibility with PD Camera Cubes, plus dual side access.
- International carry-on approved
- Theft-deterrent zipper pulls
- Protected luggage tag holder
- Luggage pass-through for roller bag carry
- Padded shoulder & waist straps stow under magnetic flaps for worry-free bag-checking
- Huge rear access via burly #10 UltraZip
- Dual side access via burly #10 UltraZips
- Front zip panel for additional access, storage, & organization
- Expansion zips for fitting more or compressing your load
- External carry straps stow beneath a magnetic flap
SPACE FOR EVERYTHING
- Hugely expandable side pockets for water bottles, tripods, more
- Soft-lined zippered top pocket for keys, glasses, passport, etc.
- Internal zippered mesh pockets
- Padded, dedicated laptop and tablet sleeves
- Stowable hip belt
- Axial strap attachments provide all-day comfort for all body types
- Stowable sternum strap
- 360-degree grab handles
- Weatherproof 100% recycled 400D nylon canvas shell
- Rugged 900D waterproof bottom liner
- Ultralight padded foam provides security and structure around entire bag
- High-visibility grey interior
- Fair Trade Certified
- 100% carbon neutral
- Lifetime guarantee
PD TRAVEL ECOSYSTEM
Designed to fit Peak Design Packing & Camera Cubes (fits 3 units with space for additional smaller things)
DIFFERENCES VS. 30L
- More access points: rear, side, and front access zips
- Dividable main volume: internal divider sleeve zips up to creates 2 compartments when needed
- Integrated hip belt: stowable padded hip belt for heavier loads
- Compressible: compression snaps slim down the profile for use as a day bag
- Hidden pockets: 2 hidden external zip pockets for cash, passport, etc.
- Room for more: room for 3 units of PD cubes, plus bonus space for pouches, jackets, shoes, etc.
- More photo-capable: fits camera cubes in un-expanded state, and allows quick side access to cameras and lenses
What is in the box
- 1x 45L Backpack
- 2x Cord Hook external carry straps
- 1x stowable sternum strap
Standard: 56cm x 33cm x 24cm (22" x 13" x 9.5")
Compressed: 56cm x 33cm x 24cm (22" x 13" x 9.5") (compression only happens at the top of the bag. 6" at top when compressed)
Expanded: 56cm x 33cm x 29cm (22" x 13" x 11")
Standard: 53.3cm x 33cm x 16.5cm (21" x 13" x 6.5")
Compressed: 53.3cm x 33cm x 14cm (21" x 13" x 5.5")
Expanded: 53.3cm x 33cm x 19cm (21" x 13" x 7.5")
Standard (max carry-on): 35L
PD PACKING/CAMERA UNIT CAPACITY
3 units + bonus space
Laptop: 40.6cm x 30cm x 2.5cm (16" x 11" x 1")
Tablet: 24cm x 19cm x 1.5cm (9.5" x 7.5" x 0.6")
Fits 2021 Macbook Pro 14" and 16" models
2.05 kg (4.5 lb)
- Weatherproof 100% recycled 400D nylon canvas external shell. DWR impregnated and double poly coated for water resistance. Sage fabric is Bluesign approved.
- 900D waterproof bottom liner
- High-visibility grey nylon interior
- Hardware is anodized aluminum and glass-reinforced nylon
- Super-durable UltraZips with abrasion-resistant UHMPE thread
- Leather accents (Sage only) are Gold Certified by the Leather Working Group
- Hypalon zip pulls and reinforced stress points
Enter your information below to be notified when Travel Backpack 45L is back in stock. See our stock article for additional information.
Thank you for subscribing!!!